This almost feels like an “idiotic no-brainer”, and I never thought I would write about something like this, but my sheer surprise at myself for having done 0 research on it over the years, simply accepting that it wasn't possible, and the idea that it might be useful to YOU, I decided to just write about it.
Yes, after wanting to post to IG without my phone for the umpteenth time, I decided to finally look it up.
I just assumed it was an app-level and site-level block. But I should have known there was a workaround.
- Open browser
- Click on “Developer Tools”
- This is normally under “View” in most browsers
- If you can't find it, click on “Help” on the far right of the top menu and just type it in
- Some browsers may still require you to install a Developer package, but I have a feeling that's probably not true anymore (sorry, not going to go research this, just check your system and update your browser to the latest version if you don't see it)
- It has worked on both Firefox and Brave on this end, so go ahead and try
- It will open up a side panel with code. On the top left of that panel is an icon that looks like a tablet/mobile phone. (pic below)
- Click on that.
- IG will then treat you like a mobile phone – your cursor will turn into a gray circle, to symbolize that you're now a finger, not a cursor.